Thursday 10 December 2015

Questionnaire Results

After giving my questionnaire to 20 people of different ages and genders I calculated the results and decided that it would be best to turn the answers into pie charts so that I could easily analyse the results.
The pie chart shows that out of the three names Phoenix, Indi and InTune; the most popular is Phoenix because 60% favoured it. I personally prefer the name Phoenix however to get further research I will create a focus group asking if they agree that Phoenix is an appropriate name for an Indie Rock magazine and why they have this opinion. 
                 
The pie chart shows that out of the three different colour schemes, the most popular colour scheme was red, black and white. Whilst I agree with this decision I also think that I should use a colour scheme that is related to the colours in my main image. However I will make sure to include red, black and white font through out my magazine because I believe that the colours compliment each other nicely. 

The pie chart shows that 90% of the people I asked think that my music magazine should be released monthly. I agree with this decision because it will allow for the issues to be made to a high standard. 

The pie chart shows that out of the 5 different price options; £3.00, £3.50, £4.00, £4.50 and £5.00; the most popular option was £3.50 because 35% of people choose that option. The pie chart also shows that nobody would willingly pay £5.00 for a music magazine therefore I will not sell my magazine for that price option. However I believe that £3.50 is not a high enough cost for a good quality music magazine that will feature many articles. Therefore when I hold the focus group I will ask for their opinions on what the cost of the magazine should be. 

This pie charts shows that 65% of the people I asked would find a band index on the magazine contents page useful. However 20% would find it very useful and 15% wouldn't find it very useful. This therefore suggests that people would prefer to have a band index on the contents page rather than there not being one. Therefore when I hold the focus group I will ask for their opinions on either they think that a band index on the contents page will help with the sale of the magazine. 


The pie chart shows that out of the 5 different double page spread article ideas that the most popular article idea was about the artist answering questions and talking about their new album or tour because 45% of the people asked choose it. The second most popular article idea was the artist answering questions and talking about what tour is like for them. I like both of these article ideas equally however I feel like I will be able to come up with better questions for talking about their new album or tour because there is more content to cover. 

The pie chart shows 95% of people believe that I should include competitions to win tickets to concerts and gigs whilst 5% disagrees. I think that competitions might come across as tacky and might not seem legitimate which might potentially put people of off buying the magazine. Therefore when I hold the focus group I will ask for additional opinions on if I should include competitions to win tickets to concerts and gigs. 


The pie chart shows that out of the 6 different location ideas for the photographs for the magazine front cover and double page spread there were 2 options that were equally popular. These were; Brick Lane or Camden (Graffiti Backgrounds) and 5 Arches Park. I like both of these ideas and I also like the idea of taking photographs in a studio location using different coloured backgrounds. Because I will need to take a variety of different of photographs for the magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread I think that I will take photographs at all of these locations and then using social media and focus groups to choose the best photographs for the magazine. 


The pie chart shows that there was an equally divided opinion on whether the magazine should include a free magazine or cd that is related to the genre of the magazine. Whilst the free single or cd will attract more people to the magazine because it appears that they are getting better value for money, the price of the magazine might have to increase to ensure for that artists or bands who single/cd is will get their moneys worth. Therefore when I hold the focus group I will ask for their opinions on whether the magazine should or shouldn't include a single or cd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment