Wednesday 2 December 2015

Initial Ideas

After researching different music magazines and their genres I have decided that I want the genre of my music magazine to be Indie Rock. I have decided on this genre because it is the genre of music that I listen to and is a similar style to my own; therefore I feel like I will be able to produce this genre of magazine to the best of my ability. I am going to use the original NME as inspiration when designing my music magazine.

Before deciding on my final ideas I am going to produce a questionnaire to find out my target audiences opinion on all of the favourite ideas. This will help me make a successful magazine because it will be based around the ideas that my target audience liked the most.

Target Audience: 
The target audience for my music magazine is teenagers over the age of 15, young adults as well as aspiring indie rock bands/artists. This will allow me to use a mode of address that is colloquial however is still vaguely formal; this will then make it appropriate to all ages.

Masthead/Name Ideas: 
I came up with 6 possible name ideas for my magazine, these are;
- Phoenix
- Indi
- InTune
- Base
- Clash
- Beat

My favourite names out of these three are Phoenix, Indi and InTune, therefore I will use these three names on the questionnaire that I will produce to find out which name is most popular.

Colour Scheme: 
I want to use a black, red and white colour scheme for my music magazine because I feel like these colour best reflect the genre of the magazine. However when I produce a questionnaire I will feature different colour options on it to find out what colours will be most popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment