Wednesday 3 February 2016

Magazine Front Cover Inspiration

After researching and looking at Indie Rock music magazines I have noticed that most of them, such as NME and Q use plain coloured backgrounds like black or white which helps to draw more attention to the main image and cover-lines. Therefore I am going to use this as inspiration, and use a plain coloured background for my main images. This will also be appropriate for my chosen colour scheme of red, black and white.

When designing my music magazine front cover I am going to use the NME magazine front covers (the ones before they became a lifestyle magazine) as my main source of inspiration. This is because I have been largely inspired by NME whilst thinking about what I want my magazine to look like and the content that I want it to contain. Below are some of the NME magazine front covers that I like and have given me inspiration for my own ideas.





















I like that on both of these covers the colour scheme is black, red and white. I like that different words are written in different colour to emphasis specific words. I also like the fact that the cover-lines frame the main image and that the main cover-line slightly covers the main image to show that it is linked and is the most important article. I also like the simplicity of the background on the main image and how they related to the colour scheme of the magazine front cover. I will try to incorporate similar elements/features on my magazine front cover because I think it will help to make it looks ascetically pleasing therefore making it successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment