Monday 8 February 2016

Magazine Double Page Spread Plan

Below is my hand drawn magazine double page spread plan. It is important for me that when designing my double page spread that there is a good balance of images and text because I don't want my target audience to get bored. Therefore I plan to include at least 5 images along the left hand side of the double page spread in addition to the main image which will also be the background of the double page spread. I have decided to split the double page spread in half so that when folded the main body text doesn't become difficult to read. I plan to use 2 pull quotes on my double page spread; the first being positioned below the headline and the other being positioned in the middle of the main body text. I plan for the pull quotes to have quite a large font size so that they stand out on the page and will make people want to read the article to find out the quotes context. I plan for the model in the main image on the double page spread to be looking to the right as if she is looking at the article/interview. In the top right hand corner of the double page spread I plan to put the magazines logo/masthead (Phoenix), this will help to create fluency within my magazine and reinforce the brand, hopefully making people remember it.


No comments:

Post a Comment