Tuesday 1 March 2016

Double Page Spread Creation

This post will show print screens and have an explanation to show and explain the process I went through to create my magazine double page spread.


I opened my chosen main image for my double page spread and decided to change the exposure so that the photograph was slightly darker and less overexposed on the models face. I then experimented with the levels to make the photograph even darker and to enhance the contrast. 


I then pasted the first half of my article onto the double page spread and readjusted the size so that it was long and not wide.I changed the font colours so that they were more readable against the background of my double page spread. I changed the question to white and the response to red; this was to make sure that it still followed my colour scheme. 


I then pasted the half of the article onto the double page spread. And changed the font colours. I then alined the sections so that they were in line and fitted onto one half of the page.




I then used to add shape feature to draw a line in the gap between the two sections of the article. This was to show a clear divide between them, this is a feature used in music magazines and it is called a gutter. I then changed the colour of the line to grey so that it didn't draw any attention away from the article of the images. 


I then pasted two other photographs that I had taken at Brick Lane onto the double page spread. I edited these photographs using the website "Picmonkey" to add a thick black border to the images; I did this to make them stand out on the page. I choose these specific photographs because they followed the colour scheme that I wanted to follow throughout my magazine (red, black and white). I then moved the photographs to the left hand side of my double page spread and positioned on slightly on top of the other. 


I then added to small grey squares to the bottom corners of the double page spread. On top of this I added the page numbers in white font so that they clearly stood out. 


I then added a red rectangle to the top left hand corner of my double page spread. On top of this I added the first part of my headline "Astrid". I used the red rectangle because I knew that I wanted to use black font for my headline and that it would be difficult to read without some sort of coloured strip behind it. I choose red because it matches my colour scheme. 


I then choose to duplicate the red rectangle so that I could use it for the second section of the headline. Once this was duplicated, I adjusted the size of the rectangle so that it would fit the second part of the headline which is longer than the first. I then typed the second part of my headline on top of the red rectangle using the same font as the first part of the headline.


I then added a pull quote above the article of the magazine. I used the same font as my headline to show fluency. I also wrote this is a black font because it clearly stood out against the main image on my double page spread. 


I then added a smaller red rectangle into the top right hand corner of the double page spread. This was because I wanted to add a running head on my double page spread. On top of this red rectangle I copy and pasted the masthead of my magazine and readjusted its size so that it fit perfectly in the size of the red rectangle. I also added a small section of font underneath my model in the main image. This font give photographer credit and states the location of the photoshoot. I put this text on a small size and in italics so that it wasn't so noticeable.  


No comments:

Post a Comment